If you had no fear, what would you do?
The first time I was confronted with this question, I was shocked by its relevance. A simple question with such strong power. If you allow yourself to do what you really want, what would your life be like today?
Our habits rule our lives. They are a source of stability and serenity; however, they can also be a golden cage for us. Your personal development is frozen if you stay in your comfort zone.
The only solution is to bring newness, challenges and explore the world around you to foster your personal growth.
When the time comes to get out of your comfort zone, it can seem tricky to define exactly what to do.
This list aims not to be exhaustive but to be a source of motivation and creativity for you.
You may not be interested in all the items on this list, but I am sure you will find some inspiring ideas.
Keep in mind to move forward one step at a time. Even if you feel stuck and want to change everything in the blink of an eye, the baby steps method remains by far the most effective in the long run.
If you would like to learn more about the notion of the comfort zone, I have written several very detailed articles on this subject that you can find here:
Take a good breath, restore your curiosity, explore your weirdness and become the right person for you.
At the bottom of the list, you can download it in PDF format. Put it in a highlighted place in your home and read it often. You can also add this list to your favorites and regularly come back to it.
101 Ways to Get Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Learn how to play an instrument.
- Meditate every day.
- Read a book a week/a month.
- Learn a new language.
- Take a photography class.
- Try out a new sport.
- Learn one new word a day.
- Let someone else decide something for you.
- Learn first aid.
- Get your driver’s license.
- Learn to code.
- Change your hairstyle.
- Hire a professional photographer.
- Go to the Karaoke to sing.
- Say Yes to everything for a day.
- Do a DYI activity.
- Learn one new recipe a day during a month.
- Sew your own clothes.
- Wake up very early for a week.
- Complete a 1,000 Piece Puzzle.
- Take a day to be offline.
- Take a different route to go to work.
- Explore a new museum.
- Practice Self-Care for a whole day.
- Speak up in a meeting.
- Wear something in a totally different style for you.
- Hike in the forest.
- Participate in a marathon.
- Follow a complete fitness plan.
- Take a martial arts class.
- Participate in an improvised theater class.
- Learn to snowboard.
- Walk 10000 steps per day for one month.
- Learn how to climb.
- Sleep under the stars.
- Walk around your city all night and eat somewhere you’ve never been before.
- Email your best friend to tell him/her how much he/she incredible.
- Get a massage.
- Eat something you don’t want to (like bugs).
- Attend a costume party.
- Do a zero gravity flight
- Turn off your phone for 24 hrs.
- Raise money for a charity.
- Travel alone somewhere you never go before.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Attend a Meetup group.
- Smile towards everyone for an entire day.
- Listen to music that is absolutely out of the ordinary for you.
- Have a beautiful day of kindness.
- Watch something odd.
- Take a news blackout for an entire week.
- Prepare a romantic dinner for your lover.
- Throw out the things you don’t use anymore.
- Batch cooking for your week.
- Approach someone you are attracted to.
- Create an Instagram Story and post it.
- Go to a concert by yourself.
- Take a cold shower.
- Take one selfie a day for 30 days.
- Stop coffee during a week.
- Make your own bread.
- Avoid sugar during a month.
- Take a cooking class.
- Apply for an intimidating job.
- Try extreme sports.
- Start a business.
- Say NO to something you usually say yes to.
- Write a love letter.
- Buy something you’d never buy before at the grocery store.
- Speak in public.
- Ask for feedback at work.
- Write a poem.
- Dance like crazy.
- Give someone a surprise gift.
- Make a blog.
- Create your personal business cards.
- Attend a conference.
- Completely redecorate your apartment/house.
- Tell the waiter: Surprise me!
- Write your biography.
- Teach a class.
- Go to a networking event.
- Mentor someone.
- Go to the cinema and randomly pick a movie.
- Try a virtual reality helmet.
- Attend an Opera.
- Going out in costume in the street.
- Dye your hair in an unusual color.
- Take part in a scavenger hunt.
- Go scuba diving.
- Spend 24 hours without saying a word.
- Sign up on a dating site.
- Keep a diary.
- Turn off the television for a week.
- Volunteer work.
- Donate Blood.
- Ride a mechanical bull.
- Lead instead of following.
- Attend a yoga class.
- Start a gratitude journal.
- Love yourself more and more every day.